In 2016, we first took a look at the topic of compensation for tech startups in Singapore. At the time, compensation data – base pay, bonuses and stock options - was hard to come by for startups. Fast forward to 2020 and it seemed not much had changed; we found that compensation data, specifically for tech startups, was still difficult to find and reference.
Recognizing this pain point for tech founders across the sector, we have delved deeper into the crucial issues of tech talent compensation throughout Southeast Asia - this time in partnership with a regional tech-focused recruitment and talent firm, Glints.
What’s in this report:
The report dives into the compensation trends across senior management, engineering, data science, product and marketing roles, and includes founders’ perspectives on attracting, retaining, and compensating talent. The report also covers topics ranging from workplace culture's importance in retaining talent, how to lead teams, and the tradeoffs between cash and equity compensation.
The report examines:
- Current state and impact of the talent crunch as tech giants expand in Southeast Asia
- Compensation and equity data of founders and startups across geography (Singapore, Indonesia, and Vietnam), funding stage, and core roles
- Data trends and insights into engineering, product management, data science, marketing and PR roles
- Impact of Covid-19 on company building in the region
- Role of culture in scaling startups and teams in Southeast Asia