Over the course of eight to twelve weeks, the Fellows will have the opportunity to work alongside a highly dynamic and experienced team on a wide variety of projects involving early-stage investments. The Fellows will receive hands-on training and mentorship, get to shadow the investment team during their meetings, while honing essential skills in the areas of investment due diligence. The Fellows will gain experience in research and analysis of various sectors, geographies and investment opportunities.
Fellows may also be invited to attend events (subject to prevailing Covid-19 advisory) held by MHV as well as by our portfolio companies, where they will get to meet some of the most inspiring founders from the region and network with thought leaders.
What we look for in a Fellow
- Genuine passion for entrepreneurship and the startup ecosystem
- Knowledge and interest in Southeast Asia
- Excellent analytical, project management and organisational skills, with proven ability to drive initiatives to conclusion
- Proactive, independent, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment; enjoys challenges
- Currently enrolled or looking to enrol in a full-time MBA program at a top tier university is a plus
What we would like from interested applicants:
- Resume with a cover letter explaining your interest in applying for the internship, clearly stating available dates. In light of the Covid-19 travel restrictions, please also specify if you have the ability to be on the ground in one of the Southeast Asian markets for the duration of your Fellowship (example: through citizenship).
- A brief investment memo (4-5 pages) about a tech startup in Southeast Asia that you would recommend MHV to invest in. For this purpose, please prepare a simple write up which includes the following:
1. Introduction of the business
2. Market opportunity
3. Product and revenue model
4. Competitive landscape
5. Why should we invest?
The Fellow will be primarily based in Singapore or in Vietnam (with travel to other cities in Southeast Asia if required, subject to prevailing Covid-19 travel advisory).
We greatly appreciate all candidates’ interest in the MHV Fellows Program. Due to the volume of applications received, we seek your understanding that only candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
Kindly note that incomplete applications (i.e. without the investment memo) will not be considered.
Ready to apply? Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for the application is March 31, 2021