Over the course of eight to twelve weeks, the Fellows will have the opportunity to work alongside a highly dynamic and experienced team on a wide variety of projects involving early-stage investments. The Fellows will receive hands-on training and mentorship, get to shadow the investment team during their meetings, while honing essential skills in the areas of investment due diligence. The Fellows will gain experience in research and analysis of various sectors, geographies and investment opportunities.
Fellows will be primarily based in Singapore, Indonesia or Vietnam (where we have local offices). Fellows may also be invited to attend events (subject to prevailing Covid-19 advisory) held by MHV as well as by our portfolio companies, where they will get to meet inspiring founders and network with thought leaders.
What we look for in a Fellow
- Genuine passion for entrepreneurship and the startup ecosystem
- Knowledge and interest in Southeast Asia
- Must have: Minimum 2+ years previous work experience, ideally in an operational role at a start-up or scale-up
- Proactive, independent, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Currently enrolled or looking to enrol in a full-time MBA program is a plus
What we would like from interested applicants:
- Resume with a cover letter explaining your interest in applying for the internship, clearly stating available dates. In light of Covid-19 travel restrictions, please also specify if you have the ability to: travel to be on the ground in one of the Southeast Asian markets for the duration of your Fellowship; and whether you are a citizen of one of the countries, or will require an internship visa (which MHV can apply for on your behalf).
- A brief investment memo (4-5 pages) about a tech startup in Southeast Asia that you would recommend MHV to invest in. The write up should include the following:
1. Introduction of the business
2. Market opportunity
3. Product and revenue model
4. Competitive landscape
5. Why should we invest?
We greatly appreciate all candidates’ interest in this Program. Due to the volume of applications received, we seek your understanding that only candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
The application period for MHV Fellows 2022 has ended. Keep an eye out for next year's program by following our social media channels.