We are looking for a highly motivated Investment Associate to join our team. Monk’s Hill Ventures is a leading venture capital firm that invests in early-stage technology companies across Southeast Asia. We are entrepreneurs backing great entrepreneurs who use technology to improve the lives of millions of people in the region.
This individual will play a key role in sourcing, evaluating and managing investment opportunities throughout SEA, with an emphasis on Vietnam. Our team values a get-it-done attitude, grit, resilience, and strong interpersonal skills. A sense of humour and the ability to see the silver lining when the going gets tough would be a nice complement. This role will be based in Hanoi, Vietnam, and work closely with the team in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Be an active brand ambassador who embodies our firm’s core values of creativity, discipline, drive and respect in all your interactions.
- Meet and engage with entrepreneurs and ecosystem players; cultivate and manage relationships.
- Conduct detailed market research, due diligence and investment analysis.
- Evaluate business plans (e.g. team, product, market, IP, GTM), and deliver recommendations with a sense of conviction to the rest of the investment team.
- Develop and document investment theses and deal structures.
- Champion investments through the internal approval process and present to team,
- Business Development / Portfolio / Administrative work:
- Organize and participate in events (workshops, dinners, get-togethers)
- Support portfolio companies as/when required
- Support the firm’s operations as/when required
Ideal Candidate Background
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in an analytical role in investment banking, management consulting or similar. Operational experience working in a tech-related company is HIGHLY desirable.
- Interest and passion for technology and the startup ecosystem (e.g. reading tech blogs and engaging with the tech community).
- Experience creating and analyzing both business plans and business models.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: self-starter who is proactive, takes initiative and can roll up their sleeves.
- Good time and project management: able to balance team/individual workloads.
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese. Confident and articulate communicator.
- Familiarity with Southeast Asia region.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org