Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs Peng T. Ong and Kuo-Yi Lim, MHV is a venture capital firm investing in early-stage tech companies, primarily Series A, in Southeast Asia. We have an opening for a Communications and Marketing Manager.
The Communications and Marketing Manager will work closely with the team to build brand and community engagement programs across the different markets we operate in. This is an opportunity for a self-driven communications and marketing professional at a leading venture capital firm investing in the best entrepreneurs building the next iconic companies in their industries. In this role, you’ll work closely with our Partners, the investment team and portfolio companies. You will also develop and expand your communications skills (brand building, media relations, content development).
We are looking for a highly motivated Communications & Marketing Manager to join our team and help some of the best entrepreneurs and companies in Southeast Asia tell their stories. Monk’s Hill Ventures is a leading venture capital firm that invests in early-stage technology companies acrossSoutheast Asia. We back great entrepreneurs who use technology to improve the lives of millions of people in the region.
This individual will work closely with the team to build brand and community engagement programs across different markets. You’ll work closely with senior Partners, the investment team and our portfolio companies. You will develop and expand your communications skills (brand building, media relations, content development).
This is an opportunity for a self-driven communications and marketing professional to deep dive into the startup world, understand Southeast Asia’s entire tech ecosystem, and build relationships with future leaders working on the most exciting ideas in their industries.
This role will report into our Head of Communications and be based in Singapore.
- Work with the communications and marketing team on strategy, planning and execution
- Manage content strategy and management – develop content strategy and work closely with our content team to develop thought leadership for the firm
- Manage marketing events – design, produce and manage events including media events, portfolio workshops, and networking receptions
- Manage media program – build and maintain relationships with key media – in addition to preparing background materials on meetings and interviews for spokespeople
- Drive speaking engagements – vet and respond to external speaking inquiries, support on speaker prep, and invite speakers as needed
- Manage database, reporting and lists – including portfolio, media and other relevant networks
Ideal Candidate Background
- At least 3-4 years of experience in agency and/or in-house communications and marketing; some agency experience is preferred. Experience working in a tech company is helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Project management experience including campaigns, large events and key programs
- Entrepreneurial mindset: self-starter who is proactive, takes initiative and a team player.
- Ability to mono-task, strong planning and organization skills.
- Proven media relations experience and existing relationships with key media a plus
- Expertise with Illustrator, PowerPoint and/or Keynote a plus
- A get-it-done attitude, grit, and resilience. A sense of humour and the ability to see the silver lining when the going gets tough is always appreciated in our team.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org