Location: Taipei, Taiwan
As a Chief Product Officer (CPO) at escapex, you will be responsible for the “why” of the product — the strategic approach to what will be built. The CPO makes sure the product direction is serving the overall company vision and adjusts as necessary to changing conditions. Tactically, the product team owns building and sharing the roadmap. The product plan explains to the organization why they are building the product, what features and requirements are included, and when phases and tasks are due. You will work collaboratively with senior executives to develop overall product strategies, set goals and objectives for growth, and establish timelines for the regular release of new products and features. First and foremost, that requires you to be an expert on our users and what they want and what motivates them. We'll depend on you to innovate, invent, develop, execute and refine our product strategies based on deep understanding of and empathy for the needs of our users.
Great products come from great collaborations, and you'll need to partner with engineers, designers, and product managers from different function to create products that delight our users. Great products are also the result of the hard work with close attention to detail -- your colleagues at escapex will depend on you to write clear and complete specifications for our products and services that guide teams of designers and engineers. You'll also need to sweat the little things and constantly push your peers towards perfection. The best products shouldn't require much explanation, but you'll need to be comfortable talking about our products with peers at escapex and be able to articulate how our products work and explain why they matter.
- Drive strategic product decisions via evaluation of market trends and meticulous retrospective and prospective analysis of product and revenue performance
- Manage a long-term roadmap for internal tools, data and analytics and revenue-related products and improvements
- Evangelize your product vision to senior management and diverse stakeholders through customer research, data analysis and the strength of your convictions
- Solicit ideas and feedback, gather requirements, create wireframes and workflows
- Work cross functionally with technical, creative, marketing and research teams and partner with business and corporate development for opportunities to accelerate our product
- Become the internal voice and representative for revenue-related products
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences and reading.
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention of all product team staff
- Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for staff (through performance review) and vendors (through service level agreements).
Who we're looking for:
- Passionate and energetic talent who has minimum of 10 years of product management at an international consumer internet/mobile software technology company
- Additional experience in technology strategy (at a large tech company, investment bank, or internet/ad agency/e-commerce company), particularly in product, business, or financial analysis
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Proven ability to lead and motivate teams in a collaborative environment.
- Has product design, software development, or interaction design experience
- Has worked with brands and agencies in the digital advertising space
- Has a BA/BS from a leading undergraduate institution in CS/EE/General Engineering or Economics/Physics/Psychology/Math, and a graduate degree in a similarly relevant field
- Designed and shipped multiple products. Must have an online portfolio.
- Uses a lot of social media/apps
- Empathy for and deep interest in understanding the needs of our customers through primary research, A/B testing, and data analysis
- Ability to develop product hypotheses based on understanding of the industry and medium, consumer behaviors, and strategic goals
- Proven success with building and shipping consumer facing products at scale
- Minimum of 6-8 years of product development experience at consumer internet companies or startups
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree of equivalent work experience
- Having a natural curiosity about human behaviors and motivations
- Interest in and passion for social media
- Experienced and passionate about Human Centered Design, Computer Science or Psychology
- Familarity with SQL or other data analysis tools
What escapex can do for you:
- We are a fun energetic tight-knit team with a passion for music, social media and technology
- In office/external happy hours
- Health insurance
- Stock option scheme based on employee stock option plan
- Relocation support would be considered for the right candidate
Apply to: email@example.com
In the ever-changing world of social media, the only constant are the people at the end of the channel. We are profoundly passionate about creators and putting them front and center has been our driving force from day one. So we’ve set out to build a different model: to reimagine social media where control is in the hands of creators, not platforms. Where those driving engagements are compensated, not the networks they use. Where communication is direct, no intermediaries. Where everyone can be seen. This is escapex, and it's just the beginning.
Find out more at www.escapex.com