Location: Singapore or Jakarta
Salary: Competitive package
We are hiring an experienced marketing professional to define and lead the implementation of all marketing activities at Monk’s Hill Ventures, with the option of supporting portfolio companies’ marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in marketing, branding and communication in a fast-paced environment, ideally with a focus on technology and entrepreneurship. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to think strategically about marketing with a strong bias for execution. The ideal candidate has previously managed teams, is comfortable working with little oversight and guidance, and has a passion for tech startups in Southeast Asia.
- Define MHV's brand, marketing and PR strategy to solidify our position in the ecosystem with two key customer segments in mind: our entrepreneurs and our investors (Limited Partners).
- Translate the strategy into an actionable plan with well-defined measurable initiatives including Social Media and content, events, thought leadership, others.
- Oversee and execute the successful implementation of all marketing initiatives, continously measuring success and iterating.
- Develop and manage partnerships and relationships with ecosystem players ranging from third party PR agencies, to freelancers, to media players, to ecosystem builders and incubators, in Southeast Asia and the Bay Area (US).
- Build a deep understanding of the startup ecosystem and players in Southeast Asia to shape our content and event initiatives.
- Work closely with senior management/leadership team (Partners, Principals, and Operating Advisors) towards the successful development and implementation of MHV's strategic direction in the market.
- Manage marketing team members (currently 3 people based in Jakarta).
Experience and Qualifications
- 8+ years of professional experience in branding/marketing with experience in marketing strategy and implementation, ideally in the tech space.
- Interest and passion for technology and the startup ecosystem with willingness to dig deep into understanding the space.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfort with ambiguity; ability to define own and team's activities with little guidance and oversight. Ability to balance team/individual workloads through time management and prioritization.
- Prior management experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in English with the ability to write and speak in a compelling voice.
Apply to email@example.com
PART-TIME BUSINESS RECRUITER
Industry: Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, Internet, Venture Capital
Employment Type: Part-time (with potential to convert to full-time
We are looking for an experienced recruiter to work with us and our Portfolio Companies in recruiting top talent professionals and executive level leadership. The recruiter will leverage the knowledge on our hiring needs and search requirements to match candidates with roles in which they will be successful. We are looking for someone who has experience in hiring across diverse backgrounds and nationalities.
- Recruit top talents for the MHV Investment Team and Portfolio Companies
- Attract and recruit top talent professionals and executive level leadership with the skills and personal capabilities to excel in demanding environment
- Build robust and diverse pipelines of candidates through own networks and also various channels (e.g. meetups and events, employee referrals, and select sourcing tools)
- Provide an efficient and high-touch experience for every candidate from application stage to offer, evaluating skill level, driving the interview process and offer process, including reference checks, salary recommendations and closing of candidates
- Communicate effectively with the interview team to ensure preparedness during the interview process
- Own full-cycle recruitment for multiple positions for both Monk's Hill Ventures and its Portfolio Companies
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of full-cycle recruiting experience in an agency, corporate setting or technology startups. Previous hiring experience for startups is preferred
- Experience in hiring across network of national and international candidates
- 5 years of recruiting experience in an agency or corporate setting, or technology startups
- Flexible and adaptable. Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision
- Experience closing senior and/or executive level candidates for technology or startup companies
- Proven track record for assessing talent beyond matching keywords on a resume. A passion to find candidates that align with the vision and values of the hiring parties
- A track record of personal accountability, strong work ethics, integrity, and proven organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to handle relationship management, provide strong consultative skills and work in a large-team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org