Location: Singapore or Jakarta
Salary: Competitive package
We are hiring an experienced marketing professional to define and lead the implementation of all marketing activities at Monk’s Hill Ventures, with the option of supporting portfolio companies’ marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in marketing, branding and communication in a fast-paced environment, ideally with a focus on technology and entrepreneurship. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to think strategically about marketing with a strong bias for execution. The ideal candidate has previously managed teams, is comfortable working with little oversight and guidance, and has a passion for tech startups in Southeast Asia.
- Define MHV's brand, marketing and PR strategy to solidify our position in the ecosystem with two key customer segments in mind: our entrepreneurs and our investors (Limited Partners).
- Translate the strategy into an actionable plan with well-defined measurable initiatives including Social Media and content, events, thought leadership, others.
- Oversee and execute the successful implementation of all marketing initiatives, continously measuring success and iterating.
- Develop and manage partnerships and relationships with ecosystem players ranging from third party PR agencies, to freelancers, to media players, to ecosystem builders and incubators, in Southeast Asia and the Bay Area (US).
- Build a deep understanding of the startup ecosystem and players in Southeast Asia to shape our content and event initiatives.
- Work closely with senior management/leadership team (Partners, Principals, and Operating Advisors) towards the successful development and implementation of MHV's strategic direction in the market.
- Manage marketing team members (currently 3 people based in Jakarta).
Experience and Qualifications
- 8+ years of professional experience in branding/marketing with experience in marketing strategy and implementation, ideally in the tech space.
- Interest and passion for technology and the startup ecosystem with willingness to dig deep into understanding the space.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfort with ambiguity; ability to define own and team's activities with little guidance and oversight. Ability to balance team/individual workloads through time management and prioritization.
- Prior management experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in English with the ability to write and speak in a compelling voice.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Salary: Competitive package
We are hiring a highly motivated Investment Associate to be based in Jakarta. The person will play a key role in sourcing, leading and managing investment opportunities. The ideal candidate has experience in venture capital or startups. Candidates must also have strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to see the silver lining when the going gets tough, laugh it off, and keep chugging along.
- Meeting/engaging with entrepreneurs (pitches) and managing relationships ("catch-ups")
- Conducting market research, due diligence and investment analysis
- Evaluate business plans (team, product, IP, market, channels)
- Develop and document investment theses and deal structures
- Champion investments through the internal approval process and present to team
- BD / Portfolio / Administrative work:
- Be gatekeeper for incoming emails (startup pitches, job applications, media, etc)
- Organize events (workshops, dinners, get-togethers)
- Support portfolio companies as/when required
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in investing or in a tech-related company
- Interest and passion for technology and the startup ecosystem (e.g. reading tech blogs and engaging with the community in their own time)
- Experience with creating and analyzing both business plans and business models
- Entrepreneurial mindset: self-starter willing to take initiatives and “roll up” their sleeves
- Ability to balance team/individual workloads through time management and prioritization
- Confident and articulate communicator in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Undergraduate minimum: preferred Science, Engineering or Technology discipline.
Apply to: email@example.com