Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
- Build production fraud and credit machine learning models; your models will decide who we lend to in real time
- Conduct ad-hoc data analyses; your analyses will decide which policies we adopt, where we expand our business, and whom our partners will be
- Develop, deploy and maintain a credit-based model (or models) - whether its building a country-level credit model from scratch or integrating new data sources in our existing underwriting models
- Work directly and collaborate with the Credit Team to understand the performance, risk, and financial impact of our data science models on the portfolio, iterating the model to include new information, data and feedback from various teams and sources
- Monitor model performance once deployed and recommend rapid iteration if necessary.
- Contribute and share your findings and knowledge of credit and/or risk modeling with all appropriate cross-functional teams.
- Partner with the Engineering team to develop, test and deploy credit and fraud models.
- Pull data from MySQL and/or Redshift and DynamoDB, handling all the ETL from the DB to running the model to obtaining a decision
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better
- Deep understanding of and experience with machine learning and data analysis
- 3+ years of experience in a data science role or equivalent position
- 1+ years of experience in building fraud, credit, or risk models
- A Masters or PhD in a quantitative field
- Fluent in Python and packages related to machine learning
Nice to have Skills & Experience:
- Experience with maintaining data science models in a production environment
- NPV modeling, Hazard Modeling, Response Modeling/Propensity Modeling, Collections modeling/experience risk modeling
- Capable of production level Code
- Unfazed by messy or alternative data sets
A Successful Candidate is (a/an):
- Problem Solver: You thrive on finding novel solutions to hard problems. These problems may have ranged from extracting a new dataset from an unexpected source, to building cohorts for customer retention analysis
- Communicator and Listener: You know your stuff is complicated, but can you communicate complex ideas to others in a manner that is easily understood and digestible? Can you collaborate well with your peers in growth/portfolio/customer experience? There is a large research component to the job, and this research needs to be effectively shared with the rest of the company.
- Independent Learner: We encounter new problems that arent in textbooks. You have the ability to learn on our own about new concepts and techniques.
- Curious: You arent content until you understand why the features you have built have the explanatory power they do, and why they arent just a spurious correlation.
- Opinionated (but Open-Minded): We are looking for someone to add diversity of thought to our current ensemble of data scientists.
- Teammate/Partner: Trust in your team and putting the team and mission above individual highlights (with an understanding that the collection of individual highlights and performance makes the team work).
Finaxar is a state-of-the-art technology company that provides platform driven trade and supply chain financing solutions. Our team comprises seasoned veterans from banking, supply chain management, data science and technology with proven track records. We are backed by 500 Startups, Monk’s Hill Ventures, as well as funds and family offices from Singapore, USA and Europe. Our solutions are built by people that understand small- and medium businesses' financing challenges and want to dramatically improve small businesses’ working capital financing to such a point that they won’t go back to the old ways of working.